THE STAFF ACCOUNTANT POSITION WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR IS PRIMARILY RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE. ALL OTHER DUTIES LISTED WILL BE CROSS-TRAINED AS TIME PERMITS. Performs accounting functions according to established accounting principles. Assists the Accounting Supervisor with various tasks in order to help maintain up to date work and reconciliations and supports other departments, as needed. Assists with process improvement, departmental efficiency, regulatory reporting, and updating procedures. Will be responsible for the timely and accurate completion of general ledger reconciliations, assisting with regulatory reporting (including the FR2900 and Call Report), Accounts Payable processing, month-end closing entries, bank reconciliations and various other daily accounting functions. Must participate in training annually, or as required for BSA and the Privacy Act.
- Provides prompt, friendly and accurate service to internal and external customers.
- Prepares all bank reconciliations daily and monthly, balancing the bank statements to the general ledger and processing cash letters adjustments and foreign checks. Timely and thorough investigation and follow-up is required in order to maintain accurate and up to date information.
- Performs all Accounts Payable functions including vendor set-up, OnBase management, FSP invoice input, account balancing, researching statements and vendor payments, processing employee reimbursements and corporate credit cards, collaborating with management on invoice processing, train new managers as needed on use of OnBase.
- Prepares daily and monthly journal entries as needed, assists with month-end close process and reconciles general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Miscellaneous duties to include forms supply inventory updates and balancing, prepare back-up withholding return annually, process and balance loan charge-offs and recoveries each month-end, maintain the database for the deposit reclassification software and reports the results on the FR2900 weekly reports, and reports Achieva Wealth Advisors referrals semi-monthly.
- Accounts for all prepaid expenses and maintains subsidiary system reporting.
- Account for all GL accrual accounts.
- Performs other related accounting duties, special projects and research as needed, including preparation of the NCUA 5300 Call Report, UChoose accrual, posting MagicWrighter fees, ID Safe Choice posting, monthly/quarterly dividend verification, overnight funds reporting, wire transfers for cash management and processing departmental cash letter deposits.
- Maintains a working knowledge of various areas of accounting through extensive job sharing and cross-training as back-up to Senior Accountant’s duties. Recommends process improvements for all assigned tasks and reporting.