Under general supervision, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, performs a broad variety of support functions within the Loss Prevention Department. Maintains delinquent accounts at acceptable levels while keeping positive member relations. Reviews and researches delinquent loans and pursues direct telephone contact with members. The employee will have accommodations to work from home nights and weekends as needed. Ensures compliance with legal requirements, lending regulations and internal policies and procedures pertaining to the job. Prepares monthly reports required by management. Maintains a working knowledge of all services and operations of the credit union, and must participate in training annually or as required for BSA and the Privacy Act.
Key Result Areas:
- Professional and efficient operation of the credit union's collection program.
- Professional and efficient communications with all departments in order to promote teamwork and high quality member service.
- Compliance with all appropriate organizational policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Make late stage delinquent calls to members.
- Originate and document payment arrangements.
- Maintain records of delinquent accounts. Mail delinquent letters.
- Perform skip tracing by locating members with past due accounts.
- Answer incoming calls from members and staff regarding delinquent accounts.
- Monitor automatic letters generated by the system.
- Process Quick Pay payments and ACH Origination payments.
- Answer questions regarding payment posting errors and payroll problems by phone.
- Assist members with negative balance accounts.
- Coordinate with the Liquidation Specialist the ordering of repossessions.
- Research and respond to LP/Debt Resolution credit bureau issues.
- Assist with bankruptcy accounts.
- Generate monthly reports.
- Scan correspondence received regarding delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for upholding all credit union ethical standards.
- Represents the credit union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other essential job functions as required or assigned.