Manages and directs the daily activities of the Mortgage Processing,
Closing and Secondary Market Operations and Compliance Specialist.
Ensures the quality and quantity of loan documents processed, closed
and delivered are in accordance with established regulations, Credit
Union Policies, State and Federal guidelines and secondary market
guidelines. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
goals. Conduct training related to all department software, websites,
and products such as the Mortgage LOS, Doc Velocity, Doc U Sign, Doc
Prep and Form Vendors, Pricing and Product information. Responsible
for maintaining the Product Fact Sheets.
- Manage and direct daily activities of the Operations team-
processing, closing and secondary market to ensure timelines,
department goals and customer expectations are met. Set performance
goals for team to meet/exceed. Track and measure performance goals
for the Operations team.
- Coordinate and supervise team assignments. Make hiring
recommendations, trains, evaluates team based on mutually agreed
goals. Ensure team is knowledgeable of required compliance
regulations and they are applied to day-to-day activities.
Coordinate regular team meetings. Attend sales meetings with
Mortgage Loan Originators.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all jobs and functions
within the processing, closing and secondary market team to provide
guidance and ensure appropriate training of staff.
- Produce and maintain reports related to monthly processing and
- Oversee Supply Purchasing functions and payment of bills such as
appraisal, credit reports and bills related to operations.
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend changes in operational procedures
to ensure high levels of productivity within the processing, closing
and post-closing areas.
- Research problems and answers questions regarding loan processing,
closing, documentation and compliance.
- Monitor appraiser independence and provide recommendations to Sr.
Underwriter and VP of Real Estate Lending for changes to approved appraisers.
- Keep all users well informed of system changes, enhancements and
problem areas; train system users on system changes.
- Monitor, train and implement all mortgage industry compliance
including HPML, TILA-RESPA Integrated Rile, QM, ECOA, ATR.
- Manage Post Closing, Loan Purchase and follow through with
- Maintain office efficiency by recommending and assisting with
implementation of office systems, layouts and equipment.
- Manage Vendor Relationships as designated by VP Real Estate Lending.
- When directed will provide leadership on departmental projects.
- Make recommendations to policy and procedures and assist with
implementation as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Provide recommendations to VP of Real Estate Lending for
preparation of annual budget, monitor expenditures, analyzing
variances, recommending corrective actions to assure Operations area
is meeting financial expectations.
- Perform as backup Underwriter for Conventional, FHA, and VA loans
- Maintain basic knowledge of Mortgage Servicing.
- Responsible for upholding all Credit Union ethical standards.
- Represent the credit union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other essential job functions as required or assigned.
This position is onsite at our corporate office in Dunedin, FL.